How to report abuse

How to respond if you think someone with care and support needs is being abused or neglected. Remember, suspicion is enough.

If it is an emergency and someone is seriously hurt, or the abuser is still with the adult and they are immediate danger ring the police on 999.

If the adult lives in Stoke on Trent

If the adult lives in Staffordshire

Telephone: 0345 604 2719 (Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm, Fridays 8:30am to 4:30pm, excluding Bank Holidays) or 0345 604 2886 at any other time

Don’t worry if you are not sure, the person on thephone will help you to forward your concerns to the right team.