The Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Adult Safeguarding Partnership Board (SSASPB) is a broad partnership of local organisations that work together to help to protect adults in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. We do this by co-ordinating and ensuring the effectiveness of what each of our members does.
The Board's role is to assure itself that safeguarding partners act to help and protect adults who:
- have needs for care and support.
- are experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect.
- as a result of those care and support needs are unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of abuse or neglect.
Adults with care and support needs are supported to make choices in how they will live their lives in a place where they feel safe, secure and free from abuse and neglect.
Our vision recognises that safeguarding adults is about the development of a culture that:
- promotes good practice and continuous improvement within services
- raises public awareness that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
- responds effectively and swiftly when abuse or neglect has been alleged or occurs
- seeks to learn when things have gone wrong
- is sensitive to the issues of cultural diversity
- puts the person at the centre of planning to meet support needs to ensure they are safe in their homes and communities.