How to report abuse

How to respond if you think someone with care and support needs is being abused or neglected. Remember, suspicion is enough.

If it is an emergency and someone is seriously hurt, or the abuser is still with the adult and they are in immediate danger ring the Police on 999.


If the adult lives in Stoke:

Telephone: 0800 561 0015 at any time      

Minicom: 01782 236037


If the adult lives in Staffordshire:

Telephone:     0345 604 2719 Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm, Fridays 8:30am to  
                       4:30pm, excluding Bank Holidays

                       0345 604 2886 at any other time


Don’t worry if you are not sure, the person on the phone will help you to forward your concerns to the right team.