Call Blockers and unwanted calls
Care Act 2014
- A short video produced by Staffordshire Police regarding Cuckooing; what it is, how to identify it and how to report it.
Domestic Homicide Reviews (DHRs)
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, forms which may be of interest to care providers who may need to submit a DoLS assessment for those under their care.
These forms when completed must be returned to Stoke-on-Trent City Council please email: DOLS@stoke.gov.uk
- This principles of engagment document has been created by Newcastle upon Tyne Adult Safeguarding Board and is reproduced here with their permission.
- Newcastle upon Tyne have published a short video on the principals of engagement, a best practice approach to responding to people who, for a range of reasons, may not be engaging with services.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Fire: Causes and Prevention
Clutter Image Rating - Hoarding disorders UK
Hoarding from the point of view of the hoarder video clip, produced by Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board
Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP)
Camden People First video on 'mate' crime, a video acted by service users to instruct other service users about the dangers of 'mate' crime and what can be done about it.
Organisational Abuse (Institutional Abuse)
- Guidance that has been created by the SSASPB which gives an overview of what is organisational abuse and how to recognise it.
People in a Position of Trust (PiPoT)
- What is Adult Safeguarding - a presentation given by Ruth Martin Safeguarding Team Leader and acting Principal Social Worker for Staffordshire County Council hosted by Staffordshire Police about what adult safeguarding is, when to make an adult safeguarding referral and what a good referral looks like.
- What is Safeguarding, an easy read booklet produced by Change
- 39 Essex Chambers, free Safeguarding podcasts
Section 42 Enquiries
- A short animated video aiming to help people understand what good friendships are, when they might be harmful and what they can do.