To ensure that the core functions as agreed in the Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Adult Safeguarding Partnership Board (SSASPB) Constitution are carried out within the agreed governance framework and operational processes and that Board and sub-group business plans are delivered.
The Executive group is a formally constituted sub-group of the SSASPB. It fulfils the following list of responsibilities and will:
- agree a draft three-year business plan including key strategic priorities to be approved by the SSASPB and revised annually with any amendments brought to the Board
- agree the draft annual report to be presented to SSASPB at its October meeting. Once endorsed, a copy of this document will be circulated to the two Health and Wellbeing Boards, the Police and Crime Commissioner, the leader of the councils and the chief executives or equivalent of all partner organisations as well as being published on its website
- propose the agenda for the quarterly Board meetings and ensure actions arising from meetings are carried out
- request and receive reports of the sub-groups
- review and monitor performance in relation to an agreed dataset
- review the work, membership and attendance of the sub-groups and Board meetings ensuring that their business plans are progressing and that the Board are informed of progress and failure to achieve results in any area.
- delegate work as required and monitor completion in terms of quality and timescale
- consider communication issues as they arise and if necessary be escalated to safeguarding leads for a one-off meeting to take forward specific proposals
- carry out such additional functions as may from time to time be delegated by the SSASPB
The Chair of the Executive group will be the Vice Chair of the SSASPB. The Vice Chair will chair SSASP Board meetings in the absence of the Independent Chair.
Membership and accountability
Membership of the Executive Group will be:
- Chair - Vice Chair of the SSASPB
- Independent Chair
- Chair of the Safeguarding Adult Review sub-group
- Chair of the Audit and Assurance sub-group
- Chair of the Prevention and Engagement sub-group
- Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Chair and Vice Chair of the Practitioners Forum
- an adult safeguarding lead for both Staffordshire County Council and Stoke- on-Trent City Council
- Officers to the Board
Meetings will be attended by the SSASP Board Manager and Administrator to the Board.
In the event that a member is unable to attend the Executive Group Meeting, the meeting will go ahead without them. However, wherever possible, their views will be forwarded in writing on matters requiring a decision and note must be taken of the quoracy requirements.
The Executive Group will meet monthly, except in the month of the Board meeting, and meetings will be for a morning or afternoon session.
To be quorate the Executive sub-group must be attended by either the Independent Chair or Board Manager, the Chair or Vice Chair of the sub-group, one representative from the CCGs and one from each LA. The Police who only have one member at the Exec may either send the DCI with Safeguarding responsibility or provide written responses to any item requiring a decision.
Attendance means either in person or virtually by Skype/telephone conference.
The sub-group will retain an adult at risk focus to its work and have a regard for to racial diversity, language, culture, sexual identity, age and gender in its approach to all its performance monitoring activities.